Sunday, August 21, 2011

I heart Marco 8/21

This is a little different for me, I tried an action shot for for I Heart Macro. I only got one while I was making Pickled Eggs yesterday. The others were too blurry, but one of the eggs boiling turned out.







17 comments:

Jenni said...

Interesting shots...pickled eggs..never eaten them or cooked them! Must look it up!
Jenni

My Life Under the Bus said...

I didn't even know you could pickle an egg! It sounds like bar food - what do you eat them with??? Now I am fascinated! LOl

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love the action shots! I don't know what it is about the empty jar picture but I really really like that one! Have a great Sunday!

T... said...

Thank you Beth & Evie, the jar shot was a hard one, I tried to get the bubbles brewing underneath, but my lens kept fogging up......

T... said...

Patty, you can find them in bars or delis, I make them for my husband, I don't like them myself. He just eats them right out of the jar. He likes the spicey ones best.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The photo of them boiling turned out awesome! I've ever had pickled eggs before and have only seen them pickled in beet juice! Do you mind me asking how you pickle yours, the ones in the jar look yummy!

Shel said...

cool action shot. Pickled eggs? I've heard of them - are they any good? :)

Tina´s PicStory said...

Good shots and the blueberry cake looks also very yummy! :)

zsazsazsu said...

never heard about Pickled eggs ! Time for a tutorial of this recipe ;-)))

Prairie Emporium said...

Love the photos!!! I am going to try your pickled egg recipe, I always have extra eggs.

T... said...

Thank you everyone, recipes have been posted for those that have asked...enjoy :)

CraftyHope said...

What very interesting shots. I would have never though that a pile of broken eggs shells would make such a cool picture, but they absolutely do. I also adore the water boiling shot. There's always something about the movement of water that just catches the eye!

Therese's Treasures said...

Cool shots Tamara, I really like the one of the peeled egg shells. I love pickled eggs I have not had any in a long time though. I'm going to have to try making some.
Therese

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Cool shots! I love the step by step capture. I've had pickled eggs before, but haven't tried making them. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!

John Lee Hunter - Artist said...

I can't believe there is anyone that has never heard of pickled eggs, but growing up knowing multiple sets of grandparents and great grandparents, I suppose I was exposed to much that others may have not. I like the shot of the cracked shells best. Suggestion for the future... use a mirror to avoid the steam. There would have to be a slight angle to it, but may work. Another idea would be to set up a stool near the stove with a small fan blowing across the top of the pan. The air wouldn't disrupt your view of the boil,but would keep the steam at bay.

Holly said...

Very cool shots! Love the boiling pic ;) I've tried pickled eggs...can't do it. Ah well.

Tracey Leeder said...

Very original pictures! I wouldnt have thought it taking pics bt the are really cool!