Friday, September 16, 2011

The Bead Soup Blog Party is Here!

Today is the day I get to reveal what I made from the soup mix that Mary sent me.


I have received, an Agate focal  along with some, Jade, Amazonite, Bronzite, Cracked Agate, Tiger Eye, Carnelian and Rock Crystal Quartz to play with and used almost all of it. Mary also made the clasp with Apatite wired to it I used on the bracelet and the earwires I used on the Jade earrings.

I added a few things from my collection to make up the following pieces.

I had such fun with this, my first Bead Soup Blog Party.


The necklace features the Agate focal, along with Jade, Amazonite, Carnelian and Cracked Agate from Mary. I added the chain, clasp and spacers from my stash.


I used the Cracked Agate, Rock Crystal Quartz Nuggets and the pretty Apatite beads from Mary and added the Carnelian and round Crystal Quartz and metal. Mary also made the beautiful clasp for this bracelet.


These earrings feature the Bronzite Mary sent and I added the metal and some Tiger Eye to balance these out.


Mary made the earwires from sterling and the Jade and Carnelian are from the soup she sent.




The book thong is made with the Tiger Eye and Carnelian chips Mary sent. I added the charm.



The ring is my OUT OF THE BOX project. I've never made a ring before and had one lonely Rock Crystal left that Mary sent .....so I tried my hand at ring making...after the third try I was pleased with this one. I added some Cracked Black Agate with it.

Now it's time to see what the others in the party made. Thank you Lori for hosting and allowing me to take part.

                              Click on each name to go to their blogs.
These are the partner pairs.

The Hostess, Lori Anderson and her partner, Manuela Wutschke

























124. Lupe Meter and Norma Agron
















For a total of 362 pairs!

Amazing!

79 comments:

Mary said...

Wow Tamara!! Just beautiful. You did a great job! I love them all. Your ring turned out fantastic!!!

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Very fun! Love what you did with your soup!

Starry Dreams Jewellery Designs said...

Wow! You did a great job! Everything is beautiful- especially the ring!! :)

Kathy ~ Artful Accents said...

Love the first necklace!!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely Work Tamara!!! So inspiring to see so many different pieces come out of one soup mix!!! This was my first soup as well!! Wonderful to meet you!!

Elizabeth said...

I meant to tell you how much I love the soup that you sent to Mary!! I love abalone- great job on that soup as well!!!!

MylƩne Hillam said...

What a great collection of jewellery you've created. The first necklace is stunning!

Lola said...

I love all of your designs Tamara, but that first necklace is quite stunning! Congrats on a very successful out-of-the-box experience -- I love that ring!

Shel said...

I love them all - the necklace is super gorgeous! And a book thong - how original and what a lovely idea - it's beautiful!!

Melissa said...

That ring is fantastic!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh the first ring I've seen!!! Love the picture with the spoon lol. So many pieces what a great amount of work - Beautiful!

Michelle Mach said...

Congratulations on your first bead soup! I predict it won't be your last!

I can't believe you haven't made a ring before! I like that piece best!

rockcreekcreations said...

Very nice job on everything you made! And you did a really good job on the ring. Are you sure that it was the first time making a ring?!?

Tracey Leeder said...

You made some really beautiful pieces of art! What a gorgeous soup you received.

graygirlstudios said...

book thong, GREAT idea! love the silver ring too. bright, shiny and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Tamara - You totally rocked your first Bead Soup Blog Party. Congrats on your outstanding work!

Pretty Things said...

I am SO sorry for being late — today our internet provider decided to crash. My stress level is through the roof, to say the least! They’re still working on it, but it’s like dial-up.

The ring -- amazing! Very well done! And I love how well you worked with the gemstones!

I hope you’ll participate again!

Love, Lori

EmandaJ said...

Fantastic! We’re all being pushed outside our comfort zones — with amazing results!

Enjoy the hop,
Emanda

http://artemisiastudio.blogspot.com/2011/09/bead-soup-reveal.html

KayzKreationz said...

Some wonderful designs. And the ring is really cute. You did a great job.

Astrid said...

So many beautiful pieces Tamara, I especially love the circle earrings, so creative!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

All your pieces are just beautiful.

Therese's Treasures said...

Wow Tamara your creations are beautiful and did you realize that our necklace and bracelet designs are very similar. Well you know what they say about great minds or in our case creative minds. Your earrings are very pretty, The book thong is neat, and your ring is awesome.
Hugs,
Therese

Erin Siegel said...

These are all wonderful pieces! I love the first earrings and the ring!

Cynthia said...

I love the first necklace, beautiful focal, So many pretty designs, love the ring.

paper bag create said...

Beautiful pieces Tamara! Think my fave are the bracelet and the ring!!!
{{hugs}}

Brittany Kuhlman, COC, CPC, CCC said...

Your designs turned out so amazing! I especially love those bronzite earrings. Your ring turned out so great, too! ♥

T... said...

Thank you everyone, I had fun with the party....thank you for visiting

Cindy Cima said...

Great job! Very cool earrings and love that ring!

Carol Tannahill said...

I love your pieces! It was great the way you creatively used the beads with your own.

VS said...

OMGoodness...your soup is DELICIOUS my Friend!!! I adore your design, it's truly stunning! Well done, another AMAZING cup of BEAD SOUP from a very talented designer!!! ;)

Kym Hunter Designs said...

All of your pieces turned out wonderfully! I love the necklace and your ring is awesome!

Hope you have a great week!

Christine Altmiller said...

WOW! these are beautiful! you made a lot of great pieces!

Karyn B said...

Lovely! And you even made a ring, how awesome! I loved the necklace too, that focal is so yummy, and you highlighted it nicely!

Sweet Freedom said...

I love love the ring!! Only the secpnd one I've seen on this hop, too, And the 1st bookmark - everything you made is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Another over-achiever!! Great job Terry. I've never thought to make a book thong. Cool idea. And the ring is awesome...great job - I think you said it was your first one! Cool, and I like the black crackle agate. I've used those beads before and am a fan. They are so texturally interesting.

Anonymous said...

I think I just called you Terry. Oops! Sorry! I've got too many blogs on the brain!

Silver Parrot said...

Very pretty! The necklace is especially nice!

Dana said...

Wow, so many lovely creations. Wonderful job with your soup.

Prairie Emporium said...

Your jewelry all looks so much fun and can't believe all you made. Love the ring.

Christals Creations said...

I love that focal. I was really impressed with your gorgeous designs. I look forward to seeing more of you on your blog. :o)

Baking Beads in the Keys said...

Clever display of your bead soup. Great design. I want that Ring:)

Terri

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Great job, the bracelet is my favorite!

Sharon said...

You were a busy bee! All of your pieces are stunning, beautiful work!

RedGreenQueen said...

You've been busy! I particularly like what you did with the agate pendant, you've really brought the colours out.

Holly said...

Tamara! Oh goodness, I love all of what you created with your awesome soup mix! That ring, though, I love how you went out of the box with it ;)

Sally Anderson said...

Just beautiful work. I love the wire work on the focal and really love the colors!

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Tamara, everything looks amazing! Such fun pieces! Really love your out of the box project... way to do something new and exciting!

Regina said...

I love gemstones and I love your pieces, they are beautiful, particularly the first necklace and the book thong, what an idea!

coffeeaddict said...

love the leftover ring :-D

Maggie said...

I can't believe you have never made a ring before because that is my favorite piece!

steufel said...

Tamara - you made gorgeous pieces. And the book-thong what a cool idea!

Kim said...

Tamara, oh some very lovely pieces...I think my favorite piece would have to be the Bronzite earrings...but, then there are the lovely necklaces....Thanks so much for visiting my soup! If only the seed beads could talk....nasty little buggers!!! I visited some of your other work and oh so many pretties!

Terri said...

Nice designs. I see your soup mix kept on giving so you could create all these wonderful pieces. You really have a nack for showcasing each of these semi-precious gem stones. Soup-er Fantastic!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! I love that necklace!

beautifullybrokenme said...

Great job incorporating your soup mix! I love the colors, and your designs are beautiful. Love the ring! :)

Christine said...

You made so many lovely pieces! Even a book thong & a ring - amazing work!!

CraftyHope said...

Tamara,
All of your pieces are simply beautiful. However, I adore that necklace with the agate focal. Your design does a great job of almost mimicking the stripes on the agate. VERY COOL.
Great job on that ring as well. My attempts at ring-making have been less successful. Yours is super!

Beadaholique said...

WOW! So many pieces - they look great!

Julie and Andrea

one-eared pig said...

Very cool pieces! Great work on all of it, love the ring!

kathy welsh said...

Oh, all the pieces are lovely, especially the ring! I would wear it every day...

Jennifer Cameron said...

Everything is so pretty, but I love the ring the most. Great job!

Shirley said...

Lots of great pieces, I think my fave has to be that great ring!

moonlitfantaseas said...

I love the necklace! you really made your bead soup go a long way!And your ring is cool

Heidi Post said...

So much great stuff! Love that bracelet. Rings are fun - bet you'll start making more now :)

Mary K. McGraw said...

It looks like you had so much fun with your soup. They are all lovely.

Unknown said...

Luscious colors in this soup, and I love the ring.

Judy said...

Tamara, you sure were a busy lady! I love the Amazonite necklace and how you dressed up the stone. Lovely pieces!

Kate said...

Fantastic work on everything but I especially love your ring!

earthlyjewels said...

Wow everything is just so beautiful! Love what you have done with your soup! The ring is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

So many different designs, great job!

Maneki said...

Beautiful jewellery! I especially like the necklace and how the beads pick up the colours in the focal. Great job!

Stacey said...

You made a ring for your outside the box project - amazing - it looks like you a re a pro - how fun it will be to wear. And a book thong....what a great idea! Now I have things on my list of must make! :)

Bobbie said...

I was going to say that the earrings with the rings and dangles were my favorite until I saw the ring - SO cool! And you were very busy making lots of prettiness.

Rebecca said...

Pretty! Love the necklace especially.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on everything! The necklace with the large focal is so pretty. And your ring turned out excellent! Hard to beleive that you had not made one before!!

Jenni said...

You made so many lovely pieces. My favorites are the gorgeous necklace and the ring...can't believe you have not made one before...great design.
Jenni

Anonymous said...

So many pieces and so many work!

Ambra

Rebecca said...

Pretty pretty pretty! You made so much, I'm very impressed :-) I love the ring especially, such a sweet design.

Ann said...

Great bunch of soup jewelry. I really like the variety of what you made.